Sunday, January 11, 2009

DIY Cupcake Top






So the first DIY project I knew I wanted to do were cupcake toppers.  I saw some in the magazine at the cake shop and I liked the uniformity they gave to the cakes.

I went out and purchased everything I thought I needed to make about 225 - 4" cupcake toppers and then I realized that those would be insanely huge.  So I returned everything and bought everything I needed for 2 3/4" toppers - and that gear includes:

-36 12x12 sheets of patterned card stock
-10 12x12 sheets of plain white card stock
-Circular paper cutters
-Stamp and ink pad
-20 Dowels (not sure what size - I let Joel pick them out)
-Glue and scissors

Then I cut out 225 - 2 3/4" circles of the patterned card stock and 225 - 2" circles of white card stock.  I glued the white circles onto the patterned circles.  I let them dry and then stamped the middle.  That's as far as I got tonight, see the attached (above) pictures for my process.

. . . also, if you know how to post pictures at the BOTTOM of the entry leave me a comment . . .

4 comments:

  1. So glad that you started a blog! I love your wedding style so I'm excited to follow it... mine is mcfargan.blogspot.com

    As for posting at the bottom, I haven't figured that out yet, but I HAVE figured out that you can write in between your multiple pictures if you just try clicking in the magic space in between!

    Love your stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog from the June 09 blog, I always type what I am going to say, add my pictures and then cut and paste what I typed above the pictures. Sometimes you have to put your cursor above the pictures and hit enter a few times (it doesn't look like it is working but it does) and then paste the text above the pictures. Same thing works for in the middle of pictures. It's kinda weird but it's the only thing I have found that actually works. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use photobucket and then enter the code where ever I want the pictures. great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I upload all my pics at once. The line up at the top. Then I type away. Once I get to where I want to put a picture, you can copy, paste where you want it and then delete it from the top. If you accidentally delete before pasting, go to Edit and hit Undo. Easy-peasy.

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete